Saturday, May 9, 2009

お母さん (mom)

for my mom because she really likes its, click: desperado.

in 1961, my mom, mary, was born in illinois. she was the oldest of four children, always a good student and help around the house. she met my rebellious dad sometime in high school and helped him to graduate and settle down some.

my pops joined the air force out of high school and the two were married. my parents had two daughters and then a few years down the road, a son. my mom eventually graduated college and became an elementary school teacher while keeping the family toghether where ever they were around the globe.

she has more patient than most. i would say i get a lot of my qualities from my mother. i always wanted to be a teacher (like her) and have always loved working around the classroom with her.
even things such as decorating for holidays and making crafts definitely comes from my mom. we always used to make crafts when i was a kid.

my mom would always love helping me with homework...even in college she would gladly proofread my papers if i emailed them to her.

my mom has always supported me through everything i've ever wanted to do. as long as i am happy, she says.

i am sooo grateful to have such a wonderful mother. (as cheesy as it sounds, it's so true.) the older i get, the more i appriciate everything my parents did for my brother, sister and i.

one memory i have is from pre-school or kindergarten when my class and i were going on a field trip. my parents both chaperoned but instead of riding with us on the bus, they rode along side on my dad's motorcycle. i was soooo coooool.

here's one of my favorite picture of my parents. can't remember what years this is, but it's but probably before i was born:


my family (minus rob) in arkansas in the late 80's/early 90's:


my parents may 4, 1979, prom i'm guessing. i still have this dress of my mom's and winnie cooper wore the same one on one of my favorite episodes of the wonder years:

1 comment:

  1. What a great tribute to your mom! She is so pretty! I love that story about them chaperoning on their bike...how cool was that!

    ReplyDelete