Saturday, August 15, 2009

keep on keepin' on...

...is what i was thinking to myself while treking down to maunawili falls this morning.
let me just start by saying: over-rated (at least in my opinion)...well, i chose like the shittiest day to go: on a saturday, two weeks before summer is over...it was sooooo crowded. like, seriously, wtf kine. before we reached the end a fellow hiker told case and i, "it's more the journey than the destination." ...and he was right. i mean the waterfall was nice, but once again, just so damned crowded.
6.5 times was how many we counted crossing over the stream during the trail. case made it without his shoes getting wet by staying on the rocks, but i just said screw it and walked through the water. the hike was completely muddy the entire time...and there were some really funky smells along the way...got a couple mosquito bites...but still, a nice path.
when heading back up i realized i had a random drip of blood on my leg. i look around myself and saw nothing bleeding. then on the palm of my hand i saw a diplet of blood exactly the same as the one of my leg. (i had be using my hands to help me get up the staired part). basically, i'm pretty sure someone else bled on something (a rock?), i touched it with my hand, and then toched my leg. weird and gross.



we got some ono steaks and the ono steaks truck in nalo afta afta. while waiting for our food a random dude walked up to us and asked us if we knew how to get to maunawili falls. this was so weird since we 1. had just hiked it minutes before 2. had never known how to get there before just today case still had the information in his phone so we hooked the dude up.



nap



and



work.
some customer asked me today, "is your voice always like that?" i was like, "like what, raspy?" and yes, that is what he was talking about. i guess i would say my voice was verrry sliiightly raspier than usual today, but not really anything anyone noticed (except a complete stranger). anyways, he said it reminded him of demi moore...uh huh...never head that one before.
made good money.
work went by fast for the most part.
saw a lot of people i knew. including bo, the boy i had just randomly talked about in the "hey, there delilah" post. he happened to be visiting and decided to cruise my/his old work and there he was.

have to be back to work in less than six hours for a stupid meeting. then come home, and then go back at night. fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment