Monday, February 2, 2009

improv.

STARTING
(start with the mom thing.) waving to my mother out the front door i say, "yah, mom...i'll put away the dishes later...bye." (with a southern accent) i then closes the screen door shut, walk back to the living room and plop down on the couth, grab the remote, and turn on the t.v. bordly (is that even a word?) i flip through, sigh, turn off the t.v. and toss the remonte aside. itch a part of my body for a second, get up and walk over to the "stereo system" and turn on "radio"(the ipod). "achey breaky heart" by billy ray cyrus starts playing. i slowly begin to sway my body and eventually start dancing around the living room. i see the cowgirl hat on the coat rack and put it on while i do a couple spins. i spot out of the corner of my eye the ashtray with a few of my mom's mostly smoken cigarettes. i find the longest one, brush and blow it off, and put it in my lips. i look around the "end table" for a lighter and light it (still dancing around a bit). i then do a little turn around with the cigarette and hat and spot my brother and his friend at the font door. a bit shocked i come to a complete hault, frozen with the cigarette in my hand. "oh, hi ya'll..." i say slowly... embarresedly.
SCENE

No comments:

Post a Comment